Irrigation Management & Soil Moisture Monitoring
Why Monitor Soil Moisture?
- Make informed decisions on irrigation and water use.
- Manage fruit size and dry matter of kiwifruit
- Improve fruit retention and size of avocados
- Meet Eurepgap requirements
- Good horticultural practice for all crops
What Is Involved?
- Diviner / Neutron Probe technology allows a continuous profile to be built up to a depth of 1m.
- We install monitoring sites based on your orchards characteristics and your requirements.
- Our staff visit the sites weekly during the growing season and take the readings for you.
- Results for each monitoring site are reported to you within 24 hours of the visit.
Easy to Read Reports
- Easy-to-read reports make it simple to assess:
- The weekly water consumption of the crop
- The efficiency of each irrigation and rainfall
- When the next irrigation is due and how much is required.
- The soil water content at which the crop becomes stressed.
- Your report includes:
- Depth graph showing the moisture level down to 1 metre below the surface compared with the last 2 readings.
- Time graph showing soil moisture movement over the entire season to date.
- Recommendations on irrigation strategy.
What Does it Cost?
- Please contact your nearest office for pricing
- Contact Us